Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Asian Medicine Proposal- Cupping

Cupping is a technique in which a glass orb (bamboo, and pottery in ancient times) is heated up with a match and then placed on the skin using the pressure change from the orb cools down and attaches to the skin. The first recording of this technique goes back to the late 2nd century and is still used today as a form of assisting in removing blood from acupuncture and breaking up stagnant blood in the back. I propose to study this ancient technique and present it later on in the class.

Cupping History
Cupping Use

7 comments:

  1. I have researched the art of cupping and I find all your information to be completely true. What I would be interested in would be seeing the art of cupping being put to work during your live demonstration. It's just a suggestion and i look forward to seeing your presentation on the 26th. :)
    - JavierR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew what cupping was before reading this,i am really looking forward to see your presentation. This also has good grammar and good resources, goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Cupping and Acupuncture work together as a treatment. I would like to learn more about this soon. I hope to see a good presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems very interesting, and I have also seen it done in some movies but I never knew how it work

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your research topic seems extremely interesting! Has anyone ever performed this technique on you? Also, I'm curious to see how people attach the orbs on the body without burning the person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very different from all the other presentation which is good, but really curious to see this process happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like really interesting. I would like to try it to see if it really works.

    ReplyDelete